The warehousing industry in India is growing at a positive rate and there is a huge opportunity for both logistics and warehousing market to grow simultaneously.
The warehousing industry in India is no longer restricted to just loading, storing and unloading of goods. Companies are now investing in providing better customer experiences, which includes mobile apps to track shipments, estimate shipment times, check the cost of transfers, and more.
There's an increasing need for multipurpose logistic centers, as warehouses form a crucial supply chain element that holds the key to both customer satisfaction and cost reduction.
The warehousing industry in India is subjected to stringent regulations and policies regarding licensing, performance, and accountability. The warehousing market in India can be categorized into four types-Industrial or Retail warehousing, Container Freight Station or Inland Container Depot, Agri warehousing and Cold Stores. A majority of the market is occupied by Industrial or Retail warehouses, while most of the warehouses in India (48%) are located in the North East region. Indian agri warehouses store rice, sugar, cotton, maize, pulses, oil seeds, wheat and other crops.
Warehouses today don't just serve as a stocking point. Their utility portfolio has diversified to being consolidation centers for multiple sourcing locations, providing cross-docking facilities to retail distributors, a sorting center for customer deliveries, and an assembly facility for final packaging and bundling.
Warehousing Market in India-Key Growth Factors
Publisher forecasts a rising demand for state-of-the-art warehouses over 2017-2020, giving a boost to the logistic industry as a whole. GST and Make in India initiatives are also expected to fuel the demand for warehousing space in the country.
Warehousing Market in India-Threats and Key Players
Factors that are adversely affecting the market include improper logistic management, lack of standardization across sectors and scarcity of land in the country. There's intense competition in the warehousing industry in India. IT-driven solutions are further raising the bar by actively developing the way warehouses and logistics are managed. Some of the major players in the industry include Aegis Logistics Ltd., Allcargo Logistics Ltd., Blue Dart Express Ltd., Container Corporation of India, and Food Corporation of India.
What's covered in the report-
An overview of the warehousing market and growth forecast in India
Analysis on competitive landscape and profiles of major companies in the industry
Evaluation of the market growth drivers, challenges, and opportunities
Trade analysis of the warehousing market in India.
Get a broad understanding of the warehousing market in India, the dynamics of the market, and current state of the sector.
Strategize marketing, market-entry, market expansion and other business plans by understanding the factors driving the growth of the market
Be informed regarding the key developments in the field of warehousing market in India
Understand the business of the competition, the market dynamics, and respond accordingly.
Table of Content
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: Total Population (2010-2011-2019-2020), Population Density (2010-2011-2019-2020)
Slide 3: Sex Ratio (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Population by Age Group (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Urbanization Trend (2010-2011-2019-2020)
Slide 4: Total Fertility Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Infant Mortality Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Births (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Death (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
Slide 5: Total Literacy Rate (2001, 2011), Rural Literacy (2001, 2011), Urban Literacy (2001, 2011)
Slide 6: GDP at Market Prices (2010-2014), FDI (2010-2014), Inflation Rate (2010-2014), Unemployment Rate (2010-2014)
Slide 7: Access to Safe Drinking Water (2001, 2011), Exchange Rate (2010-2015)
Slide 8: Market Definition and Structure
Slide 9: Warehousing Market size and growth forecast in India 2017 (Value-Wise; FY 2015-FY 2020e) and warehousing market segmentation FY 2015
Slide 10: Status of warehousing capacity in India
Slide 11: Region wise distribution of storage capacity in FY 2015 & Commodity wise share of Indian warehousing industry in FY 2015
Slide 12: Demand for warehouse space in top 7 cities
Slide 13-Porter's Five Force Analysis
Slide 14: Market Drivers
Slide 15: Market Challenges
Slide 16: List of Major Players
Slide 17-37: Profiles of Major Players
Slide 38: Key recent developments
Slide 39: Research Methodology
List of Figures
1. Total Population and Population Density (2010-2011-2019-2020)
2. Sex Ratio (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020)
3. Population by Age Group (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020)
4. Urbanization Trend (2010-2011-2019-2020)
5. Total Fertility Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
6. Infant Mortality Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
7. Total number of Births (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
8. Total number of Death (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
9. Total Literacy Rate (2001, 2011)
10. Rural Literacy (2001, 2011)
11. Urban Literacy (2001, 2011)
12. GDP at Market Prices (2010-2014)
13. FDI (2010-2014)
14. Inflation Rate (2010-2014)
15. Unemployment Rate (2010-2014)
16. Access to safe drinking water (2001, 2011)
17. Exchange Rate (2010-2015)
1. Market definition and Structure
2. Warehousing market size and growth forecast
3. Warehousing market segmentation FY 2015
4. Status of warehousing capacity in India
5. Current capacity of warehousing capacity in India
6. Region wise distribution of storage capacity
7. Commodity wise share of Indian Warehousing Industry
8. Demand for Warehouses space in top 7 cities
List of Tables
1. List of Major Players
2. Demand for Warehouse Space in top 7 cities
1. Aegis Logistics Ltd.
2. Allcargo Logistics Ltd.
3. Blue Dart Express Ltd.
4. Container Corporation of India
5. Food Corporation of India
6. Gati Ltd.
7. National Bulk Handling Corporation Ltd.
8. Transport Corporation of India Ltd.