Fuel Cards in France 2017: Market and competitor data and insights into the commercial fuel card sector
"Fuel Cards in France 2017", is invaluable for issuers of fleet cards, fuel retailers, fleet leasing companies and other suppliers to the sector. Based on research with issuers and fuel retailers it provides commercial (B2B) fuel card volume (split by fleet and CRT), value and market share forecasts to 2022, key data on independent and oil company card issuers and an analysis of fuel card competition in France.
Commercial fuel card volumes will grow annually towards 2022, increasing 1.8 billion litres over this period as commercial vehicle parc rises and domestic fleets turn to fuel cards to lower transport costs.
- The total number of service stations in France marginally declined by 0.2% in 2016 totalling 11,380 service stations. Over 180,000 new fuel cards will be issued between 2016 and 2022, totalling to 2,748,247 cards in the market.
- CRT card volumes increased by 14.5% in 2016. after falling by 0.1% in 2015.
- TOTAL remained the dominant fuel card market leader as it maintained its market share accounting for 50.0% in 2016, as clients were drawn to its large domestic card network which accounts for over 30.0% of service stations in France.
Reasons to buy
- Plan effective market entry strategies by uncovering current and future volumes and values of the French fuel card market.
- Assess whether you should increase network acceptance of your card and identify potential new merchants by uncovering the position of competitors.
- Whether you are an issuer, a processor, a leasing company or a fuel retailer, make informed pitches to partners by understanding their business.
- Enhance fuel sales at your service stations by identifying which fuel cards you should accept based on their market shares and network acceptance.
Table of Contents
Top 5 Market Overview 3
Market Overview 10
Market Size 12
Market Forecast 19
Channel Share 26
Market Shares 30
Major Competitors 35
Competitor Card Analysis 40