"Retail Banking Market Dynamics: Italy 2018", report identifies macroeconomic and competitive dynamics that impact upon the Italian retail banking market. It provides insight into the outlook for deposits, credit cards, personal loans, and mortgages; net changes in market share across all four product areas; and overall financial performance, including profitability, efficiency, and income sources.
The personal loan and mortgage markets in Italy performed sluggishly during 2013-17, but are expected to recover in the next five years. The credit card market reported strong growth during 2013-17 and is expected to continue with this uptrend during 2018-22, while the retail deposits market will witness a decline during 2018-22. Italian banks' profits have fluctuated widely compared to the steady profits reported by their peers in Spain and France in recent years. Their operating efficiency has also been decreasing.
- Among the top banks in the Italian retail deposits market, Intesa Sanpaolo has lost the most market share since 2013.
- Cariparma outperformed the top banks with the highest annual growth rate in credit card loan balances in 2017.
- Personal loan balances are expected to record a compound annual growth rate of 2.3% over 2018-22.
Reasons to buy
- Identify factors affecting growth prospects across the deposit, credit card, personal loan, and mortgage markets.
- Track competitor gains and losses in market share.
- Assess the financial performance of competitors.
Table of Contents
Financial Ratios Market Average
Competitor Financial Performance
Monte dei Paschi di Siena