Barclays is one of the largest banks in the UK, and is a
leading provider of all the main banking products. Mortgages are a particular
strength for the bank - it has won a number of awards for its product range and
has an NPS score three times higher than the market average. Barclays customers
are heavy users of mobile banking - a quarter use this channel on a daily
basis, significantly more than the national average.
- Barclays saw a high outflow of current account customers in
Q3 2017 relative to other providers, although its Net Promoter Score (NPS) has
improved to match the market average. Online onboarding rates continue to lag
behind the rest of the market.
- Mortgage balances outstanding at Barclays have risen
throughout the entire analysis period, although the rate of growth has slowed
down. Applicants conduct more extensive research than average, and the bank
outperforms on NPS. Barclays won several awards for its mortgage products in
- Barclays has consistently held just under 5% of the loans
market in terms of outstanding balances. Online and in-branch application are
equally popular among Barclays’ borrowers, and debt consolidation and car
purchase account for more than half of all loans taken out.
Reasons to Buy:
- Gain insight into how Barclays acquires new customers in
comparison to other providers.
- Build your understanding of how favourably Barclays'
customers view their bank and how likely they are to switch.
- Understand how well Barclays is performing financially
compared to the market.