"Mobile 5G Commercialization: Market Demand and Service
Revenue Forecast", Global Outlook Report by GlobalData, offers a detailed
analysis of the growth opportunities in the mobile 5G market, looking at the
current state of play and examining the main growth drivers in four different
regions. Subscriber adoption of the first commercial mobile 5G services on
5G-enabled handsets will start in 2019. The adoption of mobile 5G services will
be supported by the increasing demand for mobile data connectivity at higher
speeds, the development of the IoT industry and the emergence of low-latency
services (e.g. AR/VR).
- APAC, NA, Europe and MENA will see the first commercial
mobile 5G service launches on 5G handsets in 2019.
- Latin America (LATAM) will see commercial mobile 5G services
arrive in 2021.
- By year-end 2023, we project the number of mobile 5G
subscriptions globally will reach 806.9 million, 8.1% of the total mobile
- NA will be the region where 5G technology makes its biggest
contribution to the region’s mobile service revenue, while APAC and Europe will
rank second and third, respectively.
Report components include -
- Global Overview: this section provides a general analysis of
mobile 5G adoption and revenue trends globally in 2018-2023, looking at the
main growth drivers for the period.
- Regional trends: four regional profiles are presented -
North America, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East & Africa -
analysing the 2018-2023 mobile 5G adoption forecasts, growth drivers and
- Key takeaways: a summary of the key findings of the report.