At its core, biotechnology is harnessing biological and
molecular systems to develop products and processes. This report focuses on the
most important and fastest growing areas of biotechnology which are its
application to health and medicine. It is divided into three areas:
- Agricultural Biotechnology: Includes development of
genetically modified crops.
- Industrial Biotechnology: Includes production of chemicals,
paper and textiles.
- Medical Biotechnology: Includes the themes covered in this
report such as biosimilars and the microbiome.
The thematic report also predicts that companies which make
the most effective use of the modern data tools are going to be successful
while, in the long run, big pharma could be threatened by patent expiration and
rising competition unless they invest.
Why should you buy this report?
- Understand the scientific technology behind the five main
themes in medical biotechnology and why they are important today.
- This report focuses on medical biotechnology, although it
does provide an overview of the players in the whole industry. It splits the
main trends impacting the biotech theme into seven categories: macroeconomic
trends, technology trends, immuno-oncology trends, pharmacogenomics trends,
biosimilar trends, gene therapy trends, and microbiome trends.
- Since the human genome was first sequenced in 2003, the cost
of sequencing has come down dramatically and our knowledge of what the sequence
means has increased significantly.
- This has helped drive advances and investment in
biotechnology fields such as pharmacogenomics, which uses information in a
person’s genes to inform how they will react to different drugs and
therapeutics, as well as gene therapy and immuno-oncology.