Publisher's latest report MediPoint: Peripheral VascularInterventions - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts report provides analysis of the global peripheral vascular interventions arena, including annualized market data from 2015 and forecast to 2022. It discusses the competitive landscape, the marketed and pipeline products, the current and emerging players, and market analysis of each segment within the treatment space.
The global market for peripheral vascular interventions, including lower extremity stents, percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) balloons, PTA drug-eluting balloons (DEB), carotid stents, and renal stents, was valued at approximately $2.1bn in 2015. The market is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.8% to reach a valuation of $3.4bn in 2022. The below mentioned figure shows a comparison in market share for the global peripheral vascular interventions market for 2015 and 2022, organized by country.
The design of conventional bare-metal stents (BMS) has evolved rapidly in recent years. The modern nitinol stents that have been developed use helical geometry to optimize radial strength and flexibility. PTFE-CSs offer a potential benefit over conventional BMS in challenging arteries, and have also demonstrated reduced stent fracture rates in comparative clinical studies. The introduction of drug-eluting devices, including DEB and drug-eluting stents (DES), are expected to significantly impact the treatment paradigm of PAD, particularly for femoropopliteal and infrapopliteal artery lesions where BMS and standard balloon angioplasty have not been as effective as a long-term treatment. Bioabsorbable stents (BAS) are also expected to see fast adoption as they are introduced across major markets, as they have the potential to significantly reduce restenosis rates and allow for vessel remodeling.
Key questions answered:
- What is the current and future peripheral vascular interventions market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
- What are the unmet needs with the current generation of devices? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?
- What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of device over another? What is physician perception and market outlook for peripheral vascular interventions?
- What are the challenges that have hindered widespread adoption of newer technologies?
- With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the global peripheral vascular interventions market?