Publisher's Travel and Tourism Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Report H1 2016 examines executives' opinion on the business outlook and procurement activities over April-September 2016. Organizations can know about key business priorities, supplier price variations, changes in procurement expenditure, and supplier prices with the implementation status of e-procurement within the travel and tourism industry. Additionally, it provides information categorized by region and company type.
The majority of travel and tourism executives highlight improving operational efficiency and expansion in current market as key priorities for H1 2016. According to survey results, 59%, 52%, and 36% of travel and tourism industry executives indicate that organizations will prioritize improving operational efficiency, expansion in current market, and focus on sustainability, respectively, during the next six months.
Key Findings -
- The majority of travel and tourism executives highlight improving operational efficiency and expansion in current market as key priorities for H1 2016
- The highest percentage of respondents expect the UK to provide significant growth opportunities during the next six months
- Globally, the highest percentage of executives expect an increase in merger and acquisition activity in H1 2016
- The majority of executives across small and medium-sized companies expect more capital expenditure on IT infrastructure development in the next six months
- In total, 32% of respondents expect the global procurement budget to remain within the US$250,000 range during H1 2016
- Overall, 22% of respondents indicated limited or generalized deployment of e-procurement within their organizations
The report includes:
- Key business priorities: examines travel and tourism companies' important priorities for H1 (April-September) 2016
- Emerging and developed markets: provides information about key emerging and developed markets, which will offer the most growth over H1 2016
- Change in M & A activity: analyzes travel and tourism industry executives' opinion on changes in merger and acquisition activity globally
- Business concerns: identifies major business concerns that are likely to impact travel and tourism companies
- Change in capital expenditure: tracks the expected change in capital expenditure both globally and regionally across key areas
- Budget allocation: examining procurement budget expectations for travel and tourism organizations over the next six months
- Supplier price outlook: determine the expected change in supplier prices over April-September 2016
- E-procurement: identify executives' perspective towards e-procurement within the travel and tourism industry.